Scott Slone875A Island Drive #135 | Alameda, CA 94502 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Internet professional exhibiting demonstrated success with comprehensive marketing and communications programs including Web site design, architecture, development and launch, product launch, advertising, direct mail, collateral development, and online promotions.
Sr. Manager, Online Marketing/Corporate Webmaster Ariba, Inc.
- Mountain View, Ca - 10/99 - 3/08
- Direct all aspects of corporate Web site including strategy, content, technology implementation, site architecture,
navigation, user experience. Responsible for two redesigns of corporate Web site, managed from conception to design to
implementation with external vendor. Implemented back-end technology change from MS Front Page to MS SQL and Adobe ColdFusion.
Web site traffic increased from 20,000 unique visits a month to over 130,000. Work with internal content providers
and owners to organically grow site with new functionality and content, including product launches. Responsible for
investigating and testing new technologies for content management, user experience improvements, lead generation, and community building.
Lead the internal Web Advisory Council. Created the home page editorial board to facilitate communication of scheduled
announcements internationally. Supervise internal team and vendors, freelancers, contractors, enforce content guidelines for electronic
media and coordinate cross-division online programs. Work directly with VP of Marketing for ongoing online
corporate initiatives including online seminars, podcasts, videos and eNewsletters.
While at TradingDynamics, acquired by Ariba in January of 2000, managed corporate Web presence,
implemented new corporate design and migrated content from internally hosted site to externally hosted site.
Provided customized interface of Auction product for tradeshows and prospect evaluation demonstrations.
Worked with external vendors to implement prospect tracking system based on Web site input forms. Worked with internal
teams to update content and provide new functionality, including support message board for API development customers.
Provided design and layout of white papers and other marketing collateral, including presentations.
Webmaster/Online Program Manager Hyperion Solutions
- Sunnyvale, Ca - 3/98 - 9/99
- Manage all aspects of corporate web site including graphics, architecture, navigation and
layout. Duties include product launches, site strategy, content coordination, and implementation.
Responsible for total redesign of web site in conjunction with corporate rebranding, managed from
conception to USWeb/CKS design to implementation with internal personnel in 7 week time frame.
Supervise vendors, freelancers, contractors, enforce brand guidelines for electronic media and
coordinate cross-division online programs.
Graphic Designer/Webmaster Novell, Inc.
- San Jose, Ca - 1/95 - 6/97
- Web Master for Management Products Division. Tasked with all web presence, maintaining internal
and external web sites for Novell ManageWise products. Worked with various divisions to ensure
timely deliveries of materials, electronic software distribution, cross-divisional promotions and
site-traffic analysis. Served on corporate web council. Projects included evaluation CDs, web sites,
and internal Project Management web site. Designed direct mail, presentations, flyers, white papers,
posters and various product marketing collateral.
- San Francisco, Ca-11/88-1/95
- Provided comprehensive freelance design and illustration services for direct response, packaging, collateral, advertising and publishing. Worked closely with copywriters, printers, and other content suppliers to offer clients unique quality and continuity of finished products.
Partial Client List: Lighthouse for the Blind, Christensen Design, Attorneys Bookkeeping Service, KRIZ, Inc., Sun, Novell, PacifiCorp, Technical Impressions, Real Talent Records, The Business Clinic, Wanderlust Travel Deign, Fairfax Hospital, Minkin Affiliates, Ingres, Hewitt Associates LLC.
- Daly City, Ca - 4/89 - 11/91
- Responsible for computer design in the Marketing Creative Services department of national healthcare publishing company. Projects included template development & design, and execution of direct-mail packages for healthcare and industrial safety markets under strict deadlines. Produced three catalogs each quarter using such traditional and electronic methods. Also acted as liaison between copywriters, design director, proofreader, production department, and market managers.
Art Director/Production Manager
- San Francisco, CA - 8/87-11/88
- Oversaw all studio and production work from initial estimate to completion. Produced courtroom aids using computer-aided and traditional methods. Responsibilities included handling secret materials, client consultation, and budgets. Supervised freelance artists and coordinated installation of computer network.
Illustrator Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Washington, D.C. - 9/85 - 7/87
- Designed courtroom exhibits, slides, illustrations, posters, flyers,
and publications in the Graphic Design Unit (Special Projects Section,
Lab Division). Other duties included handling classified materials, photo-typesetting,
caricatures, and photo retouching.
Exhibits Specialist Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Washington, D.C. - 10/83 - 9/85
- Responsibilities included silk-screening, drymounting, moulding plastic
displays, illustration, and preparing camera-ready artwork. Handled classified
materials; designed report covers, diplomas, and flyers.
Pennsylvania State University - 6/81 - 9/82
Indiana University - 9/80 - 3/81
Portfolio and References available on request.